And they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron, and said unto them, Ye take too much upon you, seeing all the congregation are holy, every one of them, and the Lord is among them: wherefore then lift ye up yourselves above the congregation of the Lord?
Numbers 16:3 KJV
Rebellion is an attitude of opposition against constituted authority of God. It may range from internal musings in the heart to armed opposition. Whichever way, God hates rebellion. 1Sam.15:23 equates rebellion to witchcraft. Rebellion was the first strategy used by the devil in the Garden when it influenced Adam and Eve to go beyond the boundaries of God. In this story, Korah and a hundred and fifty Princes stood against Moses and Aaron. In the same way Saul thought he knew better than God, so instead of killing Agag, he brought him back as a prisoner of war. That’s when God equated rebellion to witchcraft. Rebellion is not only self defeating, it is self destructive. In my few years of life on earth, I have been a witness to young people with great future destroy themselves by rebellion. Rebellion may be passive or active resistance against authority. It nay have personal, political, social or military reasons. Its goal is to remove the object of the rebellion. God is always drastic on His dealings against rebellion. Anene Nwachukwu in an article in the Nigerian Guardian of 7th April, 2019, listed the following as what rebellious people will experience: ”
• Those who rebel are delivered into the hands of their enemies. Nehemiah 9:26
• The rebellious dwell in a dry land. Psalms 68:6.
• If you rebel against the Lord’s commandments, the hand of the Lord will be against you. 1 Samuel 12:14-15.
• Rebellion can cut short your life and ministry.
• The Holy Spirit will turn against you. Isaiah63:10.”. Rebellion is treated the same in both testaments. You really have a choice.